Monday, May 28, 2012

Leamon & Helen Riggs

I miss my Mom and Dad every day but especially on Memorial Day.  Dad was a veteran of the Air Force and served during the Korean War.  He was a carpenter, real estate broker, auction clerk, had a moving and storage business, ran a used furniture store, repaired farm equipment and a host of other things that I have probably forgot.  Mom was a homemaker, cook, gardener, seamstress, crocheter, knitter, quilter and anything else that needed doing.  More than anything, they were Godly people that took me to church and taught me by example the ways of God.  They were not perfect but I am not ashamed to claim them as my parents.

Leamon & Helen Riggs - Early 1980's

Most of the Riggs clan at Mom and Dads plot in Oak Lawn Cemetery - L-R, Ryan, Ralph, Lisa, Regan, Tabitha (Riggs) Miller, Tami, Ray





1 comment:

  1. I miss them, too. I have wonderful memories of going to Momo's house and visiting with all the family. I am blessed for having known them.

    ReplyDelete

You Comment - I Moderate