Friday, March 29, 2013

Dad's Benches

I was helping my Pastor, Brother Dwain Galiher, haul some material to the church basement and back in a corner I found these two benches.  Now they don't look like much and they have been used and abused but it was a very important "find" for me.  I remember my Dad building these benches and using them on many construction jobs.  We also used them at our shop at the "Homeplace", building all sorts of things.  How they wound up in the church basement is anyone's guess.  One of them has RLR carved in it which could be Ray Lynn Riggs but I think it was my brother Ralph Lee Riggs that did the carving (He always was a cut-up).  The other one has E.R. carved in it which was my Grandpa, Elmer Riggs.  Actually his name was Horace Elmer but he went by Elmer. (On another note, my Grandma Riggs was Ether Alma but she went by Alma) 
 BTW...I did ask the Pastor if I could have the benches...and one of the benches will go to my brother.

1 comment:

  1. That is a cool find, Bro. Ray. I know you will treasure those benches.

    Davy

    ReplyDelete

You Comment - I Moderate