Saturday, April 6, 2013

Homegoing!

I posted this on March 10th and little did I know that just a few days later I would be updating it.  Our old friend and Sister in the Lord has made the crossing and we attended her funeral today.

Saturday night, Tami and I had the privilege (one more time) to be with Sister Rosa Hatfield at the Midway Pentecostal Church in Thayer, Missouri.  Sister Rosa is almost 102 years old and still "sharp as a tack"!  Sister Rosa has been preaching since she was a young lady and still gets happy and preaches from her pew!  I love to hear her talk about the ways the Lord has helped her through the years....Especially the story of how the angel walked through her bedroom door, stood at the end of her bed and spoke words of assurance concerning a problem she was facing.  When I say "walked through" I don't mean "open the door and walk through"...I mean "walked through" a closed door!  Gives me cold chill bumps just typing it!!

I testified at church tonight about the sports figures, actors, actresses, musicians and other famous people who are lifted up as heroes and heroines.  They are beautiful, talented, muscular, handsome, have the perfect figure...and most of them have the character and moral standards of an alley cat.  The people I respect and want to pattern my life after are the "Rosa Hatfield" types.  As Vance Havner said "they've been faithful to the fight, faithful to the faith and (will be) faithful to the finish"!  God Bless'em!







No comments:

Post a Comment

You Comment - I Moderate