Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Sons of Anak (Deuteronomy 9:2)

Now I been telling far and wide across the country that the grandkids of Elmer and Alma Riggs ain't no slouches when it comes to height.  Out of ten first cousins, seven of us are at least six feet tall.  On the Saturday after Christmas, Ralph, Lisa, Tami and I crashed the Hendrix Christmas get-together at Shaun and Cindy Hendrix house and got to look eyeball to eyeball with some of'em!  We really enjoyed the visit and if our calcumputions were correct, it has been at least fifteen years since some of us had been together.  It has been even longer since I got to sit down and visit with my Uncle Bill Hendrix.  I would have to say that this was one of the big highlights of my year. 
Picture left to right: Ralph Riggs, David Hendrix, Ray Riggs, Uncle Bill Hendrix, Danita (Hendrix) Frazier and Dennis Hendrix. (Danita says she is 5'11¾" tall so she's standing on tippy-toe for the picture!).  (BTW...Ralph and I have the fancy duds on because we sang at a funeral Saturday afternoon)

The height does carry on to the next generation!..selectively..!  Shaun Hendrix (Dennis' son) is on the far right.  However!...Dennis' daughter, Heather Lockett, is the "shorty" standing in front!!
And the next generation!!...Brianna Hendrix (Shaun's daughter) with Ralph

A final note...Even though I am above average height, I don't make fun of polygamys...they can't help it if they're not tall....

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Comment - I Moderate