Monday, February 17, 2014

Belated Valentine Trip

Twenty-nine years ago last Friday night, it was my good....

"Fortune" cookie......
To take...
To the Sweetheart Banquet.
(Thanks for saying "Yes" Tamala Ruth!)
And...by the next Sweetheart Banquet in 1986, we were engaged to be married...






Since last Friday was the monthly youth rally and myself being the rally leader, I didn't have the opportunity to take Tami out then or over the weekend.  So today around the middle of the morning, I decided to just take the afternoon off and remedy the situation.  I told her to be ready in the early afternoon, dressed casual.  We drove to Springfield and ate at the new (at least to us) Panda Express at the corner of Chestnut and Glenstone in the old "Krispy Kreme" building.  We ate at Panda Express in California the times we have been there and it is outstanding Chinese food.






Now before anybody thinks I'm chincy or cheap and won't spring for a meal in a classy restaurant...This is where Tami wanted to eat.

I hadn't had breakfast or lunch so I had three entrees with fried rice (Firecracker Chicken, Black Pepper Chicken and Beijing Beef).  Tami had two entrees with fried rice (Springfield Cashew Chicken and Teriyaki Chicken)

We went shopping at the Battlefield Mall.....Visited John and Dar Bean (and Dessa) and some of their friends from South Dakota.....

And then we finished up the evening with a trip to...
And had a BUTTER PECAN CONCRETE!!!  It don't get no better!!


3 comments:

  1. Good job, Baby!!! Loved everything! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Congratulations. You may as well keep her now. No catch and release!

    Davy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brother Davy! I Plan On It!!!

      I think it was Brother Leon Farley that said if Sister Helen ever left him, she would just have to pack his suitcase too cause he was going with her! These are my sentiments also...

      Delete

You Comment - I Moderate