Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Bone of My Bone

When God made another human being out of Adam's rib, it wasn't a grandson, but would you let me borrow Adam's proclamation as a Christmas present?  It is one of the first things that went through my mind today when I held my Grandson, Lucas Rey Miller, for the first time...this is bone of my bone...
Tami and I began the process of Lucas' arrival at around 8:30 on Monday morning.  We arrived at Ozarks Medical Center (OMC) in West Plains and basically staked out our claim in the (appropriately named) "Waiting" room.  We held our ground until around 9:00 PM, and since "Lucas the Evangelist" was being stubborn, I went on home to rest awhile...An hour and a half to be exact!  Tami sent a text that things were happening so I beat it back to OMC.  Things were happening...but not as fast as I anticipated.

There has to be a study somewhere on all the ways you can contort your body to sleep in a hospital "Waiting" room.  I do know that hospitals are prejudiced against people who are 6' 5" tall! I slept with the left leg folded on the couch and the other off...until I woke up and everything else was still asleep.  I turned the other way with the right leg folded and the left leg off...with the same result.  I sat in a chair with my elbows on my knees and my head hung over until I got a crick in my neck...This continued until around seven this morning when things started really clicking...
Wait Wait Wait!!!...the thermostat...in the "Waiting" room...was...demon possessed.  We journeyed from the Equator to Antarctica and back, all night long!  The rip was...no way to just shut it off!

So, beginning at around seven, we pretty well filled up the "Waiting" room with Riggs' and Beans.  I just wish Anson's family could have been here to join in the festivities!  Mr. Lucas Rey Miller arrived around 8:15 AM and there was "Joy in the Camp!"  Oh the privileges of being a Grandparent!  We were the first allowed in, followed by Great Grandma Bean and then the rest had arm wrestling contests to see who was next...

We relinquished our claim on the "Waiting" room around eleven, got a bite to eat, went home and Crashed!  Here are a few more pictures and I'm sure there are more posts and pictures to follow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Comment - I Moderate