Saturday, February 20, 2016

Valentine Road Trip

Last Saturday, my first wife and I took a road trip. I decided to just take off down through the countryside of Arkansas, kinda slonchways, southeast from Hardy. I knew right from the start that it would be Wirth it.

We took the Wirth road from Highway 63 to AR 175, drove up to Wirth and then back south...
We turned off onto AR58 and headed for points southeast in the Land of Opportunity!

The bridge over Spring River at Williford

Jean LaFarge and Princess Helena Gagarin were nowhere in sight...

We went through the  “reed-covered lodge by the little water place.”

Emery is Cherokee for "Place of Big Wide Spot In Road"

It's a wonder the sign wasn't PINK!


My Jake brake didn't work....I did NOT hit the sign...although Tami thought I was way too close!


According to local legend, the town was originally named Rope. But the population declined and they renamed it Cord.

Oil Trough? Really?

The Black River between Cord and Tuckerman


Guthrie Lake South

Guthrie Lake North

Burning off the fields...

There are just no words....

Bayou De View. I think I saw my brother's boot tracks in this mud...



Massey-Harris Pony tractor. Cute? Yes...if you can call a tractor "cute" this one would be "Cute".

HOT DOG! WE MADE IT TO WEINER!




Ron's was our dining destination. This was the line when we pulled up at about 4 PM.

I Doggies Lum! Catfish, Crawfish, Froglegs and baked beans...all you can eat!

Tami's plate...

My Plate(s)!

This was the line when we walked out just a little after 5. They were having a special Valentine Crab Leg Night that started at 5pm!
After the meal, we took Highway 63 back to ole WP town....

Tami and I are very much kindred spirits. We love to get out and just putter around the country and see sights that you don't see from the express lane. Love my Sweetheart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Comment - I Moderate