Saturday, November 25, 2017

Riggs Thanksgiving 2017 - In Pictures

If you read my previous blog post, then you may appreciate the pictures I took of our (The Riggs') Traditional Thanksgiving feast today. I'll try to give commentary in the captions


I fixed up a makeshift table on my deck to cook the cashew chicken. Since our kitchen is small, I cook outside while Tami "Does Her Thang" inside!


The peanut oil is heated to around 300° to 350°


The battered up chicken pieces are...


Dropped into the hot oil...


I originally had the oil up to around 350° to 375°. It was a tad bit too hot! I had to fry them a little longer to get the inside done and the outside got darker than I wanted


After I reduced the oil temperature... Just Right!! 


Tami, "Doin' Her Thang" in the kitchen!


Tami tried a new dish this year. Sweet-n-Sour Casserole. It was very good!


The Thanksgiving table with "most" of the fixin's on it.


Lisa's delicious Fried Rice.
She fixed another dish of Fried Rice this year with cauliflower rice. Good, Good Good!!!


Tami's Chinese Salad. Ooolala!


I fixed the white rice in our steamer. Claire prefers it!


The cashew sauce.
I didn't get any pictures but we had regular Lipton sweet tea AND Lipton with a bag of Earl Grey throwed in (also sweet). There were three kinds of pies; Lisa made (real) pumpkin pie, chocolate pie and Tami made pecan pie. We had coffee (Seattle's Best #5) with our dessert and it rounded out an excellent meal.
Here are all of us, ready to chow down!
L-R  Bella, Tami, Claire, Ray, Stephanie, Ryan, Shayla, Regan, Lisa, Ralph
We sure missed Anson, Tabitha and Lucas but they had to be in Indiana because of Anson's Grandmother's illness.

Stay tuned for Christmas cause you never know what's cookin' at the Riggs' Hacienda!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Comment - I Moderate