Saturday, July 2, 2011

Ye Olde Union Oyster House!

May 15, 2011
I knew I would need to start planning months ahead for our anniversary trip so I started looking for good places to eat in Boston.  (Actually....there are hundreds of them!) So I made reservations at America's Oldest Restaurant - Ye Olde Union Oyster House - Est. 1826!

It was pretty pricey (at least for a couple of poor Hillbillies!) but once in a lifetime?...go for it!!!


 Three stories of....FOOD!!  We were served on the third story..
 YE OLDE SEAFOOD PLATTER, deep fried shrimp, clams, scallops,
calamari, oysters and filet of fish topped with onion rings

I have eaten some but not a lot of seafood which was mostly Red Lobster-Captain D's-LJS variety...so...When I tasted REAL fresh seafood I was hooked (pardon the pun)!  It was the best I had ever had!
PAN SEARED HALIBUT served with new potatoes, grilled tomato
and sugar snap peas


Tami does NOT like fishy tasting fish...I guess she wants it to taste like butter pecan ice cream!???  Anyway...this dish was perfect!  Fresh and delicious with great flavored sides!
 It was real crowded when we asked the waitress to take our picture so she was leaning back over another table to take this picture and could barely fit us in. 
FYI....The toothpick was first used in the United States at the Union Oyster House. Enterprising Charles Forster of Maine first imported the picks from South America. To promote his new business he hired Harvard boys to dine at the Union Oyster House and ask for toothpicks. (read more at the Union Oyster House website)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like wonderful food! I love seafood! Of course I love nearly all food. You are inspiring us to point the BoggsMobile northeast.
    Davy

    www.boggsblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ye won't regret it!!...couldn't resist!!

    ReplyDelete

You Comment - I Moderate