Saturday, June 30, 2012

Thank the Lord for My Tater Crop!

Well...I dug my taters today.  To put it mildly, I was underwhelmed.  I guess the dry, hot weather put the hurt on them and they didn't produce.  However, I thank God for the taters I do have!  I have almost eighty pounds of big taters under the house and almost ten pounds of small taters for peas or green beans.

This reminds me of Billy Bray, the old Cornish miner turned preacher.  "One time when his potato crop was very poor, Satan tempted him to believe that God did not love him, or He would have given him a better potato crop.  Billy recognized this as a temptation from the devil, and he said ""Why, I've got your written character home to my house; and it do say, sir that you be 'a liar from the beginning.' ""  He told the devil that when he served him he had 'only rags and no taturs.'  He then recounted God's blessings until the devil 'went off like he'd been shot.' " (Deeper Experiences of Famous Christians)
Billy Bray

1 comment:

You Comment - I Moderate