Tuesday, January 24, 2012

1912 Sandstone - Wright County MO

Found this sandstone today at the SW corner, Lot 7, NW1/4, Section 4, T29N, R13W 5th P.M.  Doug Richardson is tying the corner in with GPS.  We also found the stumpholes of the two witness trees.



 Below are scans (with my highlighting and scribbling) of the County Surveyors Record Book where this survey was recorded.  As you can see, I have to interpret County Surveyor Williams handwriting and relate this to my search on the ground.

I have highlighted below the particular corner that we found today.  The distances are in links so you need to multiply by .66 to get the distance in feet/10ths feet.  There are 100 links in a chain so a chain is...66 feet.

3 comments:

  1. I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about when it comes to the language of your profession but I love your posts about surveying. It is possible that I might learn something!

    Davy
    www.boggsblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brother, if you follow this blog for two years, you will learn so much we'll just give you your surveyor's license! BTW, Dave has re-vamped our business website so you might check out www.riggslandsurveying.com

    Have a Good and Godly day!
    ray

    ReplyDelete

You Comment - I Moderate