Tuesday, January 31, 2012

My First Lobster!

May 20, 2011

Having grown up in the "sticks" of the Missouri Ozarks, I had never eaten lobster.  For one thing, crawdads are something you fish with and a crawdad THAT size would scare all the fish out of the creek!!!  Tami and I determined that on our anniversary trip we were gonna eat at a real, bona fide lobster pound.  After researching and checking places that were open (the lobster pounds apparently are seasonal) we decided to try the "Lobster Pound Restaurant" in Lincolnville, ME on Penobscot Bay.  We weren't disappointed!  My lobster was caught in the morning and was on my plate that afternoon.  I will have to say that it was some of the best tasting meat I have ever had!  We found out there is no comparison between seafood on the coast and seafood in the mid-west...somehow it just loses something coming over the mountain.  So...Just scroll down through these pictures and help me savor this Maine Lobster!


On the main drag in Lincolnville, ME
Bon Voyage!

Checking to see if it's still alive!

And you thought those were for cracking pecans...!!

I wasn't brave enough to try the part inside the body...

The end of a tasty meal!
Tami wasn't sure she would like the lobster so she ordered scallops and crab meat...I did share the lobster with her


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Comment - I Moderate