Thursday, March 1, 2012

Twenty-three years!

Today I have been on the Riggs & Associates, Inc. payroll for twenty-three years! I've covered quite a few miles since March 1, 1989 but the Lord has been good to me.  Just a short testimony to the goodness and greatness of our God...After tragedy on 9-11 our work slowed to a crawl and we were put on three day weeks for almost a month.  I probably could have made it but really without asking some folks from our church fellowship said they had a few days work for me and then something else came along, another odd job here and there...so...when I tallied up what I made when I went back full time, I had made just a few dollars more than my regular wage!  

Mat 6:26  Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

"His eye is on the sparrow...and I know he watches me!"

 I believe this picture was taken right after I went to work at RAI.  We are south of Cassville, MO (which we renamed Cussville) working on a U.S. Forest Service project.  Jim Protiva (the bearded guy) was running the theodolite, seen in the foreground.  Bob Jones (the shorty to the right) was switching off with me (the handsome feller in the background) running the foresight and the EDM on the backsight.  Ralph took the picture so I guess he was just loafing!!!
On our first trip to Cassville, we thought it would be great to camp out and save some money to boot.  Everything was fine until we went to bed.  We had thunderstorms with fantastic lightning and we were camped under a FIRE TOWER....the highest point for miles around!!    I think this is where the name "Cussville" started to be tossed around!  Needless to say, we found other, more suitable lodgings the next trip!  Bob and I are grilling hamburgers and frying potatoes before the monsoon hit!

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious. I really am laughing out loud!

    Davy
    www.boggsblogs.com

    ReplyDelete

You Comment - I Moderate