Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Mount Washington Cog Railway

May 22, 2011  Riggs Anniversary Trip

One of the highlights of our trip was a ride up Mount Washington on the "Mount Washington Cog Railway.  I will leave the statistics and facts to your reading but it was awesome trip!  It was a beautiful sunny Sunday morning and we actually rode through some clouds on our way down.  I was afraid to take to many videos with my phone since I had to hold it out the window and I didn't have a strap but I did take a few pictures (150+) since my camera did have one.  Read about the Cog Railway HERE and the Mount Washington Observatory THERE    Enjoy the ride!



This is the biodiesel locomotive that took us to the top.

This is the locomotive that didn't take us to the top!

Ole Peppersass!

The "Cog" that pulls the locomotive up the mountain.



 "Deadman's Curve"!
Tami couldn't look out of the window at this point!
Note the rock cairns and the hiker/skiers in the background.

More rock cairns and hiker/skiers
"The Little Engine That Could" at the top!!!
The highest point east of the Mississippi


Note the chains across the building

The Mount Washington Observatory
On top of the world!!!



Yes...the Devil tempts people on the top of the world!!!






Middle photo on the far horizon, a hospitality house on the Appalachian Trail



Our Engineer - K. C. Jones (JK!!!)


1 comment:

  1. This is a great post and awesome pictures, Bro. Ray. We love stuff like this..

    Davy
    www.boggsblogs.com

    ReplyDelete

You Comment - I Moderate