Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Lebanon MO - Dollar General Site

We have been working on a couple of Dollar General Store sites in Lebanon Missouri over the past three months or so.  The one on the north site of town is not the worst site I have ever seen but it is definitely challenging.  There is (was) a drainage ditch right through the middle of the site with an old collapsed concrete culvert down part way into the site.  They are building a brand spankin' new one so when they cut the trench and we had to re-stake the angle points.  Now...it is dry as cracker juice in south Missouri and Lebanon is no exception.  Why the water and mud?...it is so dry that the site fill will not compact so they are hosing down the site with a fire hose...which has a leak...water gravitates to the lowest point on the site...which is the trench...hence the water and mud!!!  Sure glad I had my "Dans Hip Waders"!!!  The following pictures are of Chris and I staking the points with our Robotic Total Station. 
The "Swashbuckling Surveyor"!  Arrrrrgh!
The "Robot" on the tripod in the background
Chris is stuck in the mud waiting for me come pull him out....

Right past me is where they cut the street to put in the new culvert.  You can see the sawcut pavement below the cones

I take no responsiblity for the following pictures...This is what happens when you have a coworker snap a few pics...they just go crazy!  I really must get Chris out of the office more...(or not)!!

2 comments:

You Comment - I Moderate