Sunday, July 8, 2012

Zizzer Reunion 1982-2012


In a clash between the only two girls soccer programs in Howell County, the West Plains Lady Zizzers squeaked by the Liberty Eagles on Friday Night by the score of...
ZIZZER (ZIZZER) n. 1.  an expert in any activity - adj. (colloq) FIRST RATE; 2. a person of the highest caliber, ability or reputation 3. one who is victorious; (syn) A WINNER! Because to be a ZIZZER means to be the BEST at WHATEVER you do!

My thirty year class reunion was yesterday and I broke with tradition and attended.  I never really thought it was my "thing" to attend but I am so glad that I did!

We started with a tour of my Alma Mater, Old West Plains High School.  Scott Womack, one of my classmates who is now a coach and teacher, was our guide.   Many additions and expansions have been made to the school but I was able to see a lot of familiar places.  Especially the Vo-tech building...I had technical drafting first hour and a bunch of us always sat on the heater right outside Mr. Mac's drafting classroom (which was next door to Mrs. Schroeder's Secretarial Practice).  The heater was right across from the bathrooms so we (the boys) thought it would be funny to prop a cup of water over the womens privy door and soak the first girl that used the facilities.  It was a good plan in theory but bad in practice since Mrs. Schroeder was the first one in the bathroom...with us sitting on heater saying under our breath...no...No...NOOOOO!!  The phrase "Mad as a Wet Hen" comes to mind!  enough of my rambling on this...

Diana Brown, Ron Grennen and others had planned for the use of the Armory so we met there and had a great time of visiting and catching up on what everyone's lives.  All in all it was a great time and I plan on attending the 40th reunion, Lord Willing!



BTW...I'm the handsome guy on one knee in the center of the picture...they told me to get down on my knees since I was so tall!



3 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Mrs. Schroeder was my teacher, and I wouldn't have wanted to see her mad! LOL. Truth is, she taught me so much of what ended up being the most useful things in my career. Glad you had a good time. And I think that's the first definition of "Zizzer" I've seen! Answers my age old question, what in the world is a Zizzer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a looooong time before we could hang out there again!

    ReplyDelete

You Comment - I Moderate