Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The End Of The Road

Tami went with me on a project I had in Sunrise Beach, Missouri this past week and we had the most interesting drive.  I had ordered the right-of-way plans for Camden County Highway F and they sent me the entire route - from Highway 5 to....the end of the road.  The plans showed the highway ending at the shoreline of the Lake of the Ozarks so we had to check it out and.... "I doggies Lum", it did end at the shoreline!






I didn't intend it this way but a boat went zipping past just as I took the picture.  I think the old gentleman in the picture thought we were game wardens or something!
 
I copied the part of the highway plans that shows Route F going to the shoreline of the Lake of the Ozarks. It shows an elevation line passing through PI station 219+36 which is about at the curve that shows in the first picture. From the PI station the highway proceeds S2°59'E about 200' to "Old Route No. 5" which is approximately between my truck and the old gentleman's truck in the third picture.  Very Interesting!!

3 comments:

  1. I can not speak or understand your language, Bro. Ray except for that game warden part!

    Davy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all speak "Game Warden-ese" Brother Davy! But I guess I went to speaking "Surveyor-ese" on that last paragraph!

      I'm enjoying your blog posts especially the one about your Dad.

      God Bless!

      Delete
  2. Thanks, friend. I sometimes wonder if anybody is reading and if I am posting anything worth reading.

    Davy

    ReplyDelete

You Comment - I Moderate