Thursday, October 3, 2013

How Bout' Them Sweet Taters!

In all my born put-togethers, I've never seen a sight like I saw yesterday.  I was working near the West Plains Community Garden in Don Warden Park and saw this lady loading something in her van.  She made several trips back and forth before my curiosity got the best of me.  When I walked up to the van I could see that she was loading Sweet Taters!!  You can see from the picture that some of them were as big as footballs!  The lady said she didn't really fertilize them, just put some kind of "fish emulsion" solution on them (once), vegetable peelings and coffee grounds.  She also said "I use a lot of straw".  Thanks Mr. Joe Henderson and your daughter (Sorry, didn't get your name!) for visiting with me and posing for this picture!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Comment - I Moderate