Sunday, July 28, 2013

Fairy Ring(s)

There is a huge Fairy Ring in the grassy area right in front of Great Southern Bank in West Plains.  I took this picture on Sunday and after I got back in the car Tami noticed other rings without mushrooms.  One loops into this fairy ring on the right and there is one in the background by the ATM.  One is not shown in the picture to the right of the Pizza Hut.  I always thought these were caused by decaying old tree roots that still remain in the ground but actually there are a couple of theories regarding their formation. (read about it here)   But I did find one site that backs up my theory (read about it here)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, have never heard of a fairy ring before. So cool. Glad you got a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda, I really believe that God has a sense of humor. He puts things like fairy rings in our world...earthlings scratch their heads and try to figure out the significance...and He sits in heaven and chuckles!

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, Bro. Ray, I know you do not drink anything stronger than RC Cola, especially on Sunday but are you feeling Ok?

    Davy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too Funny Brother!!! I am part Irish so it may have been the "Little People" playing tricks on me!!

      ray

      Delete

You Comment - I Moderate