Friday, July 19, 2013

Redburn Peaches

One of my old friends passed away a couple of weeks ago.  Carl Redburn was a good man that served the Lord in his own quiet way.  We lived neighbors to the Redburn family for a few years and went to church with them basically my whole life.  When I think of people like Carl and Elaine Redurn, the song "Good People Are The Salt Of The Earth" by Ricky Skaggs comes to mind.

A year or so ago, Brother Carl gave me some peach tree seedlings.  I planted a couple and gave some to my father-in-law.  The drought last summer put the hurt on them but as you can see in the picture below, they are thriving.  I dubbed them my "Redburn Peaches" and am looking forward to my first peach cobbler!


In the picture below, Brother Carl is on the right and Brother AE Young (with cup) is on the left.  Thank the Lord for good, Godly examples like these men!

1 comment:

You Comment - I Moderate