Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Sons Of The Pioneers

Tami and I are on a much needed mini vacation in Branson, MO
Tonight, we attended "The Sons Of The Pioneers" Chuckwagon Dinner Show.  We had been to the Dixie Stampede a few times so we decided to do something different.  It started at 4:15 with the dinner triangle being rung and prayer over the food.  (About the prayer...I usually don't get too excited about public prayers in this kind of venue.  But they had a real prayer to Jesus our Saviour!  None of this watered down stuff so they won't offend anybody.  I was impressed!)
Then the meal started and boy-howdy was it good!  They came through with buckets of Roast Neers just passin'um out right and left so we grabbed a couple and started munchin'.




Then they dished out the chuckwagon meal.  We had smoked chicken and beef brisket, dutch oven taters, whistle berries (BBQ beans), dinner roll and apple cobbler.  Iced tea or lemonade was served with the meal.
 Then the show...It was just old-fashioned cowboy music with outstanding harmony.  My personal favorites were "Tumbling Tumbleweeds" and "I'm My Own Grandpa".  I got to talk with a couple of the singers and they are real down to earth guys.  Mark, the bass player asked me where I was from.  I answered "West Plains, MO" and he said "Oh, Porter Wagoner's hometown"...Our town is so distinguished!!
After the show Tami and I decided to rob a bank.  It has been a very good day!

1 comment:

You Comment - I Moderate