Saturday, January 4, 2014

Momo's Walnut Cookies

I got a hankerin' for some of my Grandma Riggs' (Momo) walnut cookies this afternoon...so...I got out her old recipe book...

 Tami and I had already picked out the walnut "goodies"...

So we mixed it all up and made a test run of about four cookies.  Now, if you read in the recipe it says, add "enough milk to make soft dough that holds its shape when dropped from a spoon"...we didn't...so the cookies were good but not the shape that Momo made.  I added milk til I thought it was bout right then run off another batch!
How bout it Riggs Cousins?  Bout the right size and shape?  They ain't in a shoe box but they are authentic.  How do I know?  I've ate about four or five and so far I've hit two pieces of walnut hull!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is shawna & I remember these cookies they were wonderful. Thank you for sharing the recipe! How can I get a copy of this cookbook? I assume it has many of momo's recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Shawna!
      Rhonda has republished Momo's cookbook as an ebook (I think that's what you call it). I think you can still contact her on FB for it. My copy (original that was Mom's) is kinda sad looking because it has been used so much! Glad you posted!

      ray

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ummm...we'll see how it looks tomorrow morning....!!

      Delete

You Comment - I Moderate