Monday, January 6, 2014

Power Outage!!

At 2:25 this morning Tami woke me up with the exciting news that our electricity was off.  The first thing I checked was the time (hence the exact time of getting awoken) and then the temperature...3°.  Our house has a central propane furnace which shuts down with no power.  All was not frost though...we have a ventless propane wall heater that works just dandy!   We just turned'er on and all of us huddled up in the living room (Our Great Niece, Cheyanne Bean, was spending the night).  Tami had bought some battery powered candles (is that an oxymoron?) in California so I turned a couple of them on and they worked like a charm.  The power came back on at 4:45...and stayed on for about two minutes...Bummer!  It finally came on to stay at 5:10.  It is now -1°, I am on my second cup of coffee and we have our fingers crossed.  Tami and I were/are praying for all the people not so blessed as us that are suffering through this arctic cold spell.  Thanks to HOE for getting the crews out to fix the problem and get the power back on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Comment - I Moderate