Saturday, May 7, 2011

Corner Stone

Sandstone at the quarter corner of sections 7&18 T25N R7W.  It was not of record but a county surveyor mentioned beginning at this corner.  I have found in my 25+ years of surveying that you do not just disregard a monument because there is no "known" public record of it. (and contra-wise I do not accept a corner of record if it was originally set improperly...to quote Craig Ruble...kinda... "1893 dog poop would still be dog poop today"...)  Now where was I...Hmmmm...I was pilfering through the records in the Howell County Recorders office a few years back and was looking through the first deed books (A,B,C etc.) and came across some surveys that were put in the deed books and not in the surveyors record books....so you never know!     BTW that's Doug's boot in the photo lower right.

Just so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about when I say a survey recorded in the deed books...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Comment - I Moderate