Thursday, May 12, 2011

New York City!

When car salesmen travel they notice car lots, carpenters...new houses, pastors...churches, you get the drift...When surveyors travel they notice fencelines, laths with flagging, men and tripods, etc.   When I'm on a plane I try to figure out where I am by rivers, highways, coastlines etc.  I thought I recognized this land mass as we flew over and when I checked "Googlemaps" sho'nuff it was!

Check me out...a little geography word problem!  I'm flying northeasterly from Atlanta to Portland ME, on the left side of the plane, 4:53p EDT, landing at 5:35p, speed is 300-325 mph...what was the color of the mans tie sitting to my right?...sorry!...got carried away there!  Is this really.....

......New York City with Governor's Island in center photo and Ellis Island in top left photo????

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Comment - I Moderate